Church Find welcomes St George Cathedral in Redfern, who engaged in a revitalisation journey enriching the community, for all their latest times and information including times.
St. George Antiochian Orthodox Cathedral was built in October 1953 and inaugurated in October 1954. Prior to its current location the Church was located at the corner of Redfern and Walkers Sts, and was substituted by the present site by the Housing Commission of NSW. The present Hall and presbytery was built in 1967 and the Cathedral was extended in the 1980s.
The Church was fully consecrated in 1967 by his Grace Bishop Dyonisius of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese, as there was no Antiochian Bishop at that time in Australia. The Church was elevated to a Cathedral in 1987 by the Late Bishop Gibran of Thrice-Blessed Memory.
St George Cathedral has been blessed with the service of many Priests – the current Pastor and Dean being Father Nicolas Mansour, since 1964.
To administer the affairs of the Cathedral and the Parish a Parish Council, Ladies Guild and Youth (ACOY Chapter) have been actively instituted since the inception of the Cathedral.
The Cathedral continues to flourish under the spiritual guidance and support of His Eminence Metropolitan Paul Saliba. We thank His Eminence for his support. May God grant him good health and many years.
4.8 based on 5 reviews
St George Cathedral is a Christian church situated in Redfern. Churches believe the entirety of the Word of God and worship the Living God, Jesus Christ, in Spirit and truth. Church Services are noted for their anointed preaching and teaching and the signs and wonders that accompany them.
We welcome you to come and be empowered by the fire of the Holy Spirit at our service.
copyright © 2020 Church Find. All rights reserved.